First tour of 2015
After a fantastic tour and welcome dinner in Madrid, we hopped on our private bus yesterday to make our way to the charming historical city of León. After dinner, we had a night of fun, food, and wine at a restaurant in front of the Cathedral of León to get to know each other and prepare for our first walking day on the Camino.
We had a beautiful and relaxing walk through farm land and were treated to at least eight stork nests on top of churches and towers, all full of baby storks clamoring for food! We began by walking over the historic Roman bridge in the town of Hospital del Orbigo and ended in Astorga, home of Gaudi and chocolate. High clouds and a nice breeze made for a sunny and good day on the path for everyone.
Did you like this article? Share it with your friends:
- The Camino de Santiago my way
- Stocking Stuffers Recommended by Santa’s Camino Elves
- A Pilgrim's Dream Come True
- Travel writer Jeff Titelius joins Duperier's Authentic Journeys on the Camino de Santiago
- Laurie Duperier's Camino diary: For the love of wine and friendship