Join us on an extraordinary walking tour of the Camino de Santiago and enjoy the best of the food, wine, accommodations and culture of Spain on this magical path.
Over the centuries, people have walked by the millions from all over Europe to make their way to Santiago de Compostela, where it is believed that St. James is buried. Then, as now, they followed the well-trod path through some of Spain’s most beautiful terrain.
The Camino has something for everyone. It may bring you laughter. It may bring you strength. It may bring you new friendships. It may bring you a newfound appreciation for the beauty of nature. And almost always, it brings you what you need, even if you don’t know that you need it.
Juan Carlos is funny, knowledgeable and a fantastic guide.Alexandra Genova
Wow! What a wonderful experience! I had the trip of a lifetime!Michael Goodin
Our goal is to support you in your journey, whatever that might be. We take care of everything so that you are free to just walk, to be, and to experience the Way of Saint James in the way that feels right to you.
- We have an even better idea. Come "be" in nature for 10 days along the Camino. Fantastic discounts for our May tours. authentic-journeys.com/tours bit.ly/2HpavLo
- During the we generally walk between 3-5 hours a day. Here is how @WalkinSpain recommends pilgrims prepare to maximize enjoyment & get in ideal physical condition for the walk: bit.ly/2QjXpiZ.
- In honor of Valentine's Day and throwback Thursday, take a look back to when two of our pilgrims got engaged right after walking the with us: bit.ly/2Ivm1Tr.
- Juan Carlos & @lduperier have been walking the for 20+ years. Laurie describes the way they walk as “walking alone, together”. Read more: bit.ly/2xLaQ4C
- Walking the Camino is good for your brain. Come join us this May! authentic-journeys.com/tours on.natgeo.com/2Dn4g7w
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive tour updates and our latest news in your inbox.Sign up for our newsletter
Like many, I was first introduced to the Camino de Santiago by watching the movie, The Way. It was October 2011 the closing film of the Scottsdale film festival. During the movie, I found myself being both overwhelmed and mesmerized by the journey. Prior to this moment, I knew nothing about the Camino. My husband Jeff and I were both instantly inspired to take this journey for ourselves in the coming years. It forever shifted our perspective.
We want to help you give the Camino lovers in your life meaningful and affordable gifts this season, so we put together this list of some of our favorite Camino related items for the once and future pilgrim.
To embark on a pilgrimage along the Camino de Santiago has been a dream of mine for the last few years and now that I have returned, I can honestly say it ranks as the most incredible experience I have ever undertaken, anywhere!More on our blog
Nature and Cultural Tour of Andalusia
New! So many of our clients have walked with us and fallen in love with Spain, and want to continue to travel with us without repeating a section of the Camino. So we have developed a beautiful nature and cultural tour of the region of Andalusia, one of the most visited and most famous parts of Spain. October 22–November 1, 2019.
Southern Spain golf and culinary tour
We combine the best of the golf, gastronomy, wine, and culture of Spain with the incredible vistas and nature in the Andalusia Region. September 28–October 8, 2019.
Exclusive Educational Program + Walking Tour
Learn about the history, art and culture of the Way of St. James at the University of Santiago de Compostela, then complete the experience by joining us on a walking tour.
Are you travelling as a group and wish you could make your own itinerary? You can! Let us help you design your own tour.